Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why I Changed My Name

I've always felt that names held meanings. As a baby I was named after my father who wasn't a man to be proud of. And as I grew up I thrived to be the opposite of who he was. I didn't want his name. The streets called me Getro... Getro Capone. I wanted to be a gangster and my name reflected it.

When I came to the joint I knew that I wasn't a gangster. I knew that my life had been a lie and I wanted to find the truth of who I was. I began reading books and studying history... desperate to find examples of my likeness. Men who reminded me of me. Men who I could admire. Slowly but surely I found those men and in the process I found self knowledge.

The elders grew to love me because I loved knowledge and my intelligence gained me the name Solomon. In religious theology Solomon was a young king known for his wisdom and charm.
As time went on and more truth was revealed to me I was given the attribute (Sol).... Sun, illuminator because that was my daily function.
Amen-Ra is the ancient term for the unseen life force within all things.

I represent that magnificent force as light... as Sol.

Sol Amen Ra
249-504 Boyd
P.O. Box 1812
670 Marion-Williamsport Road
Marion, OH 43302